Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nesting

This is the first post of probably what will be many about Espresso's nesting habit.

Now its very common for dachsunds to burrow or "burrito" themselves under blankets and pillows. For some adorable pictures of this, check out WeenieChic.

Espresso is not only a burrito-er, but she is a nester. I have seen her take upwards of 10 minutes digging, nudging, shifting, and moving around to get just the right spot. She has nested my blankets on the couch, my comforter on my bed, my sweatshirt on the ground, a shopping bag under the coffee table, and pretty much anything that is on the floor or couch that is vaguely fabric-like.

I try to keep a blanket next to my desk so she can hang out with me while I work (or blog). Last night she had to get her blanket just right.



Wait, that's not quite the spot.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now we are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment